More qt-peer issues

Hi Holger,

I'm not able to comment on the Qt issues, but I'll address the JamVM
questions (see below).

Rob.

On 2/1/06, Holger Schurig <hs4233@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> and jamvm 1.4.2 with:

> $ ./configure \
>        --prefix=/usr/src/classpath/dist \
>        --enable-ffi \
>        --with-classpath-install-dir=/usr/src/classpath/dist \
>        --disable-int-threading
>
> I tried that "--disable-int-threading" to circumvent the
> Qt-GUI-Classes-aren't-thread-safe problem I reported earlier, but somehow
> this didn't solve the problem. I get the same problem with and without this.

The option --disable-int-threading is not related to threading in the
"normal" sense, i.e. different threads of control within a process.
It's related to the interpreter, and turns off dispatch threading, a
recognised interpreter optimisation technique.  You shouldn't disable
this as it'll drastically affect performance.

You've also specified --enable-ffi.  Which architecture/platform are
you using (I expect ARM as it's embedded)?  The only architecture
which requires ffi is x86_64 (AMD64).  All others have optimised
assembler to handle the calling convention.  This is faster than using
ffi, and it's disabled by default on those architectures.