Re: Minimized windows in the activities overview

Am Sonntag, den 15.12.2019, 19:46 +0100 schrieb Franz Dietrich via
gnome-list:
> Hey,
>
> the concept of minimized windows is not really used in Gnome 3.
> Since
> there is no task list where the minimized windows could go you can't
> really hide them.

But it works. The minimized windows don't appear in the workspace in
use. Sure it would be possible to do more special things with them,
such as treating them more discreetly in the activities overview.

> The concept for Gnome is to either have the windows covered by other
> windows or just use multiple workspaces. Simply drag the window to
> the
> second workspace on the right and it will not be visible in the
> current
> workspace.

That much is clear.

> If you prefer you can press [ctrl]+[alt]+[down] to change to
> the second workspace [ctrl]+[alt]+[up] to go back to the first. If
> you
> additionally press [shift] it will take the current window to the
> target
> workspace. so moving the current window to the second workspace would
> be
> [ctrl]+[alt]+[shift]+[down] and then switching back to the first
> with
> [ctrl]+[alt]+[up].

Wow! Four modifier keys at once! :-))

> Hope that helps
>
> Franz
>
> Am 15.12.19 um 19:14 schrieb Volker Wysk:
> > Hi!
> >
> > When I minimize a window, I don't want to see it. But when I switch
> > the activities overview, it's there again!
> >
> > Perhaps minimized windows should be displayed more discreetly, in
> > the
> > activities overview. Such as, as an icon at the bottom of the
> > screen.

Cheers,
Volker