Supporting Igor Sysoyev

Hello, GNOME.

2 days ago russian company Rambler Group started a lawsuite [1][2] against Igor Sysoyev - a software developer and creator of free and opensource web-server Nginx - trying to challenge rights for Nginx.

Tomorrow russian IT community starts "Nginx blackout" action to support Igor Sysoyev - websites joined to this action will show "Welcome to the Internet without Nginx" message for 30 minutes started at 12:00 MSK (UTC+3). Example Nginx configuration for this action available at Github [3].

Nginx is used in production extensions.gnome.org for an year [4] and I used it for development of e.g.o. at least for 3 years now.

I want to ask GNOME community to support Igor Sysoyev by joining "Nginx blackout" action and would be glad to add "Nginx blackout" configuration to e.g.o. with agreement of community.

[1] https://habr.com/en/post/479968/

[2] https://www.reddit.com/r/nginx/comments/ea2m6a/cofounders_of_nginx_detained_after_a_copyright/

[3] https://github.com/podivilov/nginx-blackout

[4] https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/extensions-web/commit/65adb8c1db7c15797491af4bf5e24a1fa39648f4