Re: Multiple Process/Application Instances

On Wed, 2019-03-06 at 12:08 -0700, James Moe via gnome-list wrote:
> On 05/03/2019 10.59 AM, Bill Wood via gnome-list wrote:
>
> > When
> > I have a process, an xterm or emacs for example, in one workspace and
> > then switch to another workspace and click on the emacs or xterm icon, I
> > get kicked back to the first workspace.
> >
>   Yes. that is how it works.
>   If you select the icon with the RMB, you get an option list, one of
> which is "New Window." That opens a new session rather than switching to
> an existing one.

OK, thanks.  I fixed the problem by installing the gnome-fallback
package, giving me (if I understand correctly) some of the functionality
of Gnome Classic.  This is a Good Thing since that's what I have on
another system, and having the same behavior on all my systems is also a
Good Thing.

I do have a question about this, though.  How can I move particular
applications onto the Favorites menu?  It seemed happen automagically on
my Debian 8 system but not on my newly-installed Debian 9 system.  I'd
really like to get the terminal and emacs on the Favorites menu.

Thank you,

 --
Bill Wood