Re: Some of the input interfaces not working

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I cannot make the following two working

 - Mouse - Middle Click Paste
 - Touchpad - Disable While Typing

I have both enabled and still not working

So, I am forced to right click to copy and right click to paste on a terminal

Also while I am typing, the cursor runs around a lot with touchpad seems to be too responsive.

Am I experiencing a bug?

Thanks

My this laptop (HP ProBook 650 G1)

It does not have a pointer and not sure why the cursor runs so much while typing even though it is set with touchpad disabled while typing.

Some of the relevant current gnome settings  on this laptop are .

$ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchpad disable-while-typing
true

$ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.a11y.keyboard mousekeys-enable
false

Posted the original question in ubuntu-users and so far did not get much solution.

Since I just upgraded from ubuntu 16.04 to ubuntu 18.04 and now the default workspace is gnome, may be I get some more help from this mailing list?

Appreciate any help!

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?