Auto-Select Keyboard Layout on Gnome Login Screen

Hi All,

Is there a way to configure the Gnome login screen to auto-select a preferred keyboard layout on a per-user basis?

Situation:

Using Gnome 3.26 on Ubuntu 17.10, I have three users, I shall call User_1, User_2, and User_3. User_1 uses a standard keyboard layout of the machine (US QWERTY), while User_2 and User_3 use different layouts (such as Dvorak or AZERTY).

Currently, the process to log in is to select the user, type in the password, and log in. User_1 only has to click on his name, type away, and log in. User_2 and User_3 on the other hand need to remember to change the keyboard layout on the login screen prior to logging in.

What I want to do is mimic similar behavior that exists on Windows or Chrome OS machines: When any given user clicks his name on the login screen, the keyboard layout is automagically switched to that user's preferred keyboard layout, and they can type away. If they choose to not log in, and instead a different user chooses to log in, it automagically switches to that user's keyboard layout instead.

Cheers.