Re: updating GIMP

Thanks Ken,

Well, I'm smarter than the basic Google guy.  But it's been many years since I first installed GIMP, so I s'pose I just wanted to ask someone smarter than me HOW to upgrade.

Like - when I download the latest version, will it work on my system?  Will it upgrade my old version, or do I need to delete that first?  I guess I still have questions before I proceed.  Will you help me?

BTW - I'm stuck w/WinXP for now, but hope to be done with it, ASAP - can you help me with that, too (I've toyed with Linux, but never got very far)?
-Al

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to reply - and
NO, I NEVER expected to have been forced back into WinXP, again - although, it's actually a rather solid OS... beats the s*t out of W98 (and it's successor) and Vista (and yes, I've also had W7 and W10).