Re: Why are there no desktop icons with Wayland?

Hey Sebastien,

to not have any desktop icons per default is a design decision by gnome and has nothing to do with Wayland.

You can bring them back with the extra settings in gnome tweak tools... I have never missed them once I got used to having a clean desktop though.

If they are missing only in Wayland that might be a bug.

Hope that helps.