Origin of the name "Yelp" for GNOME's help viewer

Dear gnome-list mailing list subscribers,

I would like to say that the name for the Yelp help viewer for GNOME may
have came, if not from a passage of similar lineage, from the following
passage from the television cartoon film short based on Dr. Seuss'
"Horton Hears a Who!":

"He was splashing, enjoying the jungle's great joys,
When Horton, the elephant, heard a small noise.
. . .
Then he heard it again---just a very faint yelp
As if some tiny person were calling for help."

It may not be a fact that this name came from the indicated source; if
it did not, please indicate where the name did in fact come from.

I am currently using MATE, a fork of GNOME 2, and I have a lot of
interest in children's cartoons.

Sincerely,

Ryan Cunningham