Re: GNOME Chat and the future of instant messaging in gnome

El 18-10-2015 02:14, Charles Johnson escribió:

So I think 3 protocols must be strengthened and supported in gnome-chat:

SIP: ReSIProcate is a recent project that enhances SIP support and plans to be used with Telepathy: https://www.resiprocate.org/Telepathy_Connection_Manager [2] XMPP/Jingle: Free messaging by definition. It includes Gabble and Salut. Telegram: New protocol, multi-platform, open source and very safe. There are some related projects: https://github.com/majn/telegram-purple [3] https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-morse [4]

What about TOX? https://tox.chat/
I think it's better to focus on giving the community a chat client that fully support the SIP/SIMPLE and XMPP/Jingle protocols.

---
Bastián Díaz
https://telegram.me/diazbastian