From: Flavien Lambert <petit.lepton@xxxxxxxxx>
To: John Lauterbach <lauterba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnome-list@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Gnome Font Manager 0.5.7
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 09:05:10 +0000

Hi, did you try to put them in .fonts?

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 13:39 John Lauterbach <lauterba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was setting up a PC after loading Ubuntu 15.10 beta.  I was looking for certain ttf fonts I use.  I figured I would copy them from a PC I had just configured correctly.  Font viewer adds fonts (e.g., ttf fonts loaded on a USB drive) to username/.local/share/fonts.  These are invisible to Font Manager since those who wrote the software decided that users did not need to look in hidden folders.  How do I get Font Manager to find fonts in hidden folders?

John