Re: GNOME Chat/Empathy Status

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 15:06 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 13:27 +0100, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:
> > More interestingly I discover they are 2 separate things - that throws
> > even more questions into the mix. I'll leave it at this for now:
> > Why 2 separate chat applications? Why not merge and fix within Empathy?
> > Or the other way around.
>
> Because two people wanted to create chat apps... it is really that
> simple.  And Pidgin is older and cross platform.  Empathy uses the
> Telepathy backend and is about integration with the GNOME stack.

So what's the plan for gnome-chat? I ask because the wogue article, no
other reason. It makes it appear as if gnome-chat is completely dead (My
confusion was that I thought gnome-chat and empathy were to be merged,
apparently not :))

I'm talking about Empathy + gnome-chat, not Empathy and pidgin. Also,
does Polari now affect the status of gnome-chat?

- Ikey

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47