Re: Alt-Esc (switch windows directly) needs improvement

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 06:58:21 -0400, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
> One thing I liked about Gnome Classic was the ability to switch between
> windows using Alt-Tab.
>
> In Gnome 3, Alt-Tab switches between applications, not windows.  I'm not
> that interested in switching between applications.

Have you tried the AlternateTab extension [1]? I think it makes Alt-Tab
do exactly what you want. It is part of the gnome-shell-extensions
Debian package for me. I don't use it myself, but I think it is quite
popular for users who want what you describe.

[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/15/alternatetab/

--
mike