Missing close buttons on some dialog windows

Hi,

I have upgraded from Gnome 3.8 (Fedora 19) to Gnome 3.10 (Fedora 20) and I am missing the close button on some dialog windows.

The first time, I encountered this was, when a Java application displayed a modal dialog (JDialog) without the close button in the window border.

In my case, it was Areca (a backup solution) which showed me a modal dialog without any option to close the dialog. I had to use Alt+F4.
It seems, that you newer get a close button on JDialog window in Gnome 3.10. You can try this by using the Webstart app on a Oracle's Java Tutorial.

The "about" dialog of VLC has the same issue - no close button on the dialog.

So, is this behavior by design.

thx

Stefan