Re: gnome-initial-setup creates users in wheel group ! system hacked ?

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 16:42 +0100, Jehan Procaccia wrote:
> how do you know that the system is in "first time setup" state ?

If gdm can't find a (local?) user account. [1] I'm not an expert on
this; might be better to ask on the gdm list.

> and even if we are in that state , why gnome-initial-setup would
> create local user account !?

If you don't create a user account in Anaconda, then gdm will launch
gnome-initial-setup and it will (force you?) to create a new user
account. It's added to wheel because the initial user should always have
full control over his machine.

I bet you don't want gnome-initial-setup on your computers at all; it's
safe to uninstall.

[1]
https://github.com/GNOME/gdm/blob/74e4b08cbc5a1404dc26190b3947082ea36b3115/daemon/gdm-simple-slave.c#L1304