gnome-terminal and start folder for new tabs and windows

Hi all,

I have two up-to-date ArchLinux systems with Gnome 3.8 on, and largely
they behave the same.  Except for one little thing: where new tabs
(C-S-T) and (C-S-W) windows in gnome-terminal start out.

           | System A | System B
--------------------------------
New tab    | $PWD     | $HOME
New window | $PWD     | $HOME

I can't for the life of me recall anything I've configured differently
on the systems that could be even remotely related to this.  I also
can't seem to find any setting relating to this behaviour.

Any idea of where I should be looking?

Oh, BTW, I like the behaviour of System A and would like to replicate
it on System B.

/M

email: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx   jabber: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx