How does one install software in Gnome Shell

Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu Gnome Shell Remix, and I'm trying to install some software into it. The problem is I can't find a way to do that. There doesn't seem to be a software center or similar available for the purpose. I thought I'm somewhat of a power user, but this one beats me. I've spent a couple of hours trying to solve the problem, reading the sparse manual and looking for the answer online too. So help me out and tell how does one install software in Gnome Shell. I know I could use the terminal and apt-get, but I'd like to learn the graphical way (partly because I might introduce Gnome Shell to other, less experienced people).

Thanks a lot,

Ademeion