Re: recordMyDesktop crashes GNOME Shell?

On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 03:07 -0600, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> I tried to record a video on Fedora 17.
> I installed gtk-recordmydesktop package.
> I launched it, clicked 'Record' then above panel disappeared.
> Is this a known bug or something?
> Alternative way of recording desktop video: Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R
> How to escape if you meet similar situation: Alt+F2, gnome-terminal,
> sudo killall Xorg, re-login.

I think Shift-Ctrl-Alt-R is the better/supported option.

If you really had to "killall Xorg" I wonder if you didn't crash GNOME
Shell, but crashed X (which would just take shell with it).  If it was
just a GNOME Shell crash then just restarting the Shell should have been
enough (Alt+F2, r<enter>).