using gnome-session DBus API

Hi,

I'd like to use the emacs dbus interface to make emacs-server prompt me to save all unsaved data (buffers) and then close itself when I try to logout from my gnome session. i.e. I'd like to catch a signal announcing the logout, and, in case there is unsaved data, ask the sessionmanager to interrupt the logout procedure while the user is asked to save his data, and then give the sessionmanager permission to continue the logout procedure.

I believe the proper way to do it would be to implement the interface org.gnome.SessionManager.Client and subscribing to the messages of org.gnome.SessionManager.ClientPrivate? If this is so, what is the sequence of messages to interact with the SessionManager? I've found some documentation at http://people.gnome.org/~mccann/gnome-session/docs/gnome-session.html#org.gnome.SessionManager.ClientPrivate , but I'm not sure if it's fully up to date. There it is stated that the Client should not attempt to interact with the user when receiving QueryEndSession or EndSession signals. So maybe there is another way to achieve what I want?

Thanks,

Thomas