Re: The new Gnome 3 desktop won't load and run.

On 05/10/2012 10:11 PM, Mr. Christian W. Strubel wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently installed Gnome. I am using Ubuntu Linux 11.10 Oneiric
Ocelot.
The Gnome Classic desktop is working, however the new Gnome desktop
is not being loaded when I choose that option. Instead, it keeps falling
back
to the Gnome Classic desktop. I tried uninstalling Gnome and then
reinstalling it and the same thing continues to happen. Can someone help
me get this to work?

Try this:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-November/408334.html

- Mike