Re: glib-compile-schemas

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:34:34AM +1100, Nik K wrote:
> > I suggest using a distribution instead of compiling on your own.
>
> Distribution suck. I tried looking in my distribution repository and the latest version is 2.30.2.
>
> Goto another distro? Why should I always have to change distro every time I need something new? Distro's are so stupid its unbelievable.
> I can understand why developers do not look at distro's. They are a nightmare. They lack consistency. Nothing works and nothing is compatible.
>
> I mean just look at how stupid Brasero is when I tried to compile it. It told me something was missing that doesn't even exist!
>
> My time is valuable. I have given distro's a go and I do not have time for hobby software. When I use a real operating system like Windows, things work.
>
> Repositories are not freedom. Freedom is being able to download the latest version, install it, and burn my CD.
> I could do this in Windows.
>
> Do you understand where I am coming from?

Not really. It seems you're making things arbitrarily hard by compiling
on your own, then complain that compiling on your own is hard.

Your notion of freedom is strange. You're able to see the latest
versions before it is available in a distribution. You're free to either
wait, or go to the trouble of compiling on your own. Freedom means
you're able, not that you're spoon fed. Or in other words: Compiling on
your own is possible, but difficult.

It seems you're out to make things hard on yourself.

If your distribution doesn't provide Banshee, ask for a new version.
However, seems you're using a distribution which lags behind quite a
lot.

--
Regards,
Olav

PS: "Real operating system", come on, do better than that! :P