Re: Starting a favourite application using the keyboard?

> Solved by trying harder :~)
>
>  1. Alt + F1
>  2. Alt + Ctrl + Tab to see a horizontal list of elements
>
> Now it comes to the acrobatic part:
>
>  3. (a) keep Alt + Ctrl pressed, but leave Tab, instead use
>     (b) cursor right together with Alt + Ctrl to select the
>     "dash" (that's how the vertical bar is called)
>
> Fortunately, I have ~20 years of Emacs (Escape Meta Alt Ctrl
> Shift) experience...

Well as I am a vim guy - I type my commands ;)
1. press the windowskey.
2. type the app name (2-5 letters are usually enough and it could be a
middle part of the name - bird matches thunderbird)
3. as soon as your app is the first one hit enter.

if that does not work for you, you might try the dock extension.

enaut