Password Problem

When the gnome desktop signs me out due to inactivity it shows a screen
with my name on it and asks for a password.  It wont accept my password,
the same password I used to start gnome.

I can get around this by clicking the change user button and then
entering my user name and password.

Since I am the only user and I have only one password this doesn't make
sense.

Now that I think about it, I don't really want the desktop to timeout at
all.  I am the only user and the only person with access to my computer.
I'll check to see if there is a set the timeout interval to infinity.