Help with System Requirements

Greetings:

I am running Fedora 15 with Gnome 3 on a Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz system with 1.5GB RAM and it currently has an nVidia RIva TNT2 AGP card in it.

It only comes up in "fallback mode" and I am needing to figure out if I need to get the nVidia drivers or if I should look into a more modern AGP card to replace the TNT2.

I have not been able to find ANY information on system requirements or minimum configuration requirements to get a good Gnome experience on this machine.  Direction would be very appreciated and I would help as I seek another video card to know what will work and what will not.

I am hoping to get a year or two more out of this machine :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
73,

J. Mike Needham <KDØJXP>