Re: Gnome 3 and computer shut down

On 11-06-20 10:20 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:

> I don't use standby on my desktop machine. Probably my impression that
> nobody uses that on a desktop is off.. but I'm sure someone will mention
> that ;)

Desktops are probably the biggest, noisiest power pigs out there -- more
than most laptops I would guess.  Being able to suspend them when not in
use (sure, it could be done by idle, but they are still wasting power
while the idle timer counts down) is entirely responsible.  Not being
able to suspend them because the "knob" is not there to do it is
environmentally irresponsible.

b.