Re: Problem with window management and quodlibet (GNOME3 on Debian)

On 06/15/2011 02:38 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2011-06-15 09:14, Frederic Muller wrote:
It doesn't behave that way on my system (3.1) and I remember that
this behavior has evolved toward the release date (before or after).
It could be that the package you're using is not on par with the
latest behaviors.

Yes, Debian experimental has gnome-shell 3.0.2-1. I will test a
newer version ASAP. However, the last release announcement for
the GNOME Shell on the gnome-shell mailing list was about 3.0.2,
so I did not think my version was too outdated.

On a side note: Is it better to ask about GNOME3 on the
gnome-shell mailing list?

Well the only thing I could say is "this has been fixed in the current code. A fast way for you to check would be to compile from source using jhbuild
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/

I used to do it when no distribution was shipping gnome3 and it's quite straight forward. Fastest support would be on #gnome-shell (gimpnet) whether you compile or not. You'll probably even get to meet with the debian GNOME maintainer :-)

Fred