Re: Depressingly black top panel

Quoting "Frederic Muller" <fredm@xxxxxxxxx>:
Thinking about it, it should be in the CSS styling of the default theme. You can find a previous discussion about customizing GNOME 3 theme here (with a link to an good reference):
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2011-May/msg00002.html

OK, I will look into this. Again, I'm worried about users like
my mother. She never heard of CSS, and would not understand one
line of it.

Is there a reason for the black colour of the panel? In GNOME2
it was black-on-grey by default, which is OK. Why the change?
Is white on black better in terms of accessibility in case of
some eye problems maybe? I remember a friend, almost blind,
switching her Windows desktop to white on black...