Re: Getting dual monitors to work on Gnome 2.26.1

Hi
On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:04 +0100, Puvi Ganeshar wrote:> Hello All,> > I am trying to get dual monitors (2 identical HP L1940T) working on my> machine but I am not having any luch at all.> > I am not having the 2 screens as one virtual screen as it's mirroring> one other currently.> > I go to System -> Preferences -> Display, I can see the "Mirror> screens" check box checked.  So I uncheck this box and click Apply,> then I get a pop-up saying> "Monitor Resolution Settings has detected that the virtual resolution> must be set in your configuration file in order to apply your> settings.> > Would you like Screen Resolution to set the virtual resolution for> you? (Recommended"> > When I answer "Yes" to this and get the following error:> > "Your settings cannot be applied because the virtual resolution is not> big enough to contain your screens"> > So I am really stuck at this point so I turned to Google for help and> found there are couple of people had the same problem but> unfortunately the found no resolution.
<snip/>This is not a issue with gnome, but rather with Xorg. Update"/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file to reflect as shown below
Section "Screen"        Identifier "Screen0"        Device     "Card0"        Monitor    "Monitor0"        SubSection "Display"                Viewport   0 0                Depth     24                Virtual   3200 1500        EndSubSectionEndSection
Try sending in a talking to your distribution"list" ( fedora-list/ubuntu forums/... ) .
-- Ritesh KhadgarayLinux and DesktopPh: +919970164885blog: http://khadgaray.blogspot.comEat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.