Re: Want to exclude panel applet from window list

Sorry to waste everybody's time with this question and figured it out
myself after all.  Just needed to review the clock applet source a few
more times.  Solution inline.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM, NP<noopy.org@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a panel applet and when I run the applet, it leaves an
> icon that represents the process in the window list.
[snip]

This was accomplished with a call to gtk_window_set_type_hint(...) like so:

  gtk_window_set_type_hint (GTK_WINDOW(window), GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK);

> This is not the behavior I'd prefer.  What I'm looking to mimic is what the clock
> applet does: clock applet runs, no process listed in window list or
> process table on system, right button can be used to close applet,
> etc.

As for the 'hidden' process, it's actually the case that the clock
module was compiled as a shlib and not an exe.  I implemented the same
in my code:

  // my_code.c
  PANEL_APPLET_BONOBO_SHLIB_FACTORY ("OAFIID:my_applet_Factory",
                     PANEL_TYPE_APPLET,
                     MY_PANEL_APPLET_DESC,
                     my_applet_factory,
                     NULL);

  // my Makefile
  PKG:=$(shell pkg-config --cflags --libs $(LIBS))

  shared:
      $(CC) $(PKG) -shared -o $(SHLIB) $(FILES)

--
NP