Re: How to contribute for the translations that we did - Konkani

nirupama rout wrote:> Hi there>> Check This link>> http://downloads.bosslinux.in/Translated_Po_files/>> where I have uploaded some language translated po files.Need to know > the feedback and let me know if i can proceed.>There is no existing team for Konkani, therefore you are welcome to start the team for this language.
I had a look at the translations, and here are my comments:a. I notice that you do not use key shortcuts. You might want to add them. For example, from the existing Hindi translations,
#. Toplevel#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:49msgid "_File"msgstr "फ़ाइल (_F)"
#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:50msgid "_Edit"msgstr "संपादन (_E)"
#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:51msgid "_View"msgstr "देखें (_V)"
b. I noticed that you have not made use of the plural forms in the translations,http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Plural-forms.htmlAre there plurals in Konkani?An example of use of plural forms in Hindi is
#. translators, this count will always be >1#: ../calendar/gui/dialogs/comp-editor.c:214#: ../calendar/gui/dialogs/comp-editor.c:387 ../composer/e-msg-composer.c:2855#: ../composer/e-msg-composer.c:3037#, c-formatmsgid "Attached message"msgid_plural "%d attached messages"msgstr[0] "संलग्न संदेश"msgstr[1] "%d संलग्न संदेश"
Apart from that, I did not see any other issues.
To start the Konkani translation team, please follow the steps athttp://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/StartingATeam
You are now at Step 4 from the list.
All the best,Simos XenitellisGreek translation team