Re: Gnome-panel data?

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 6:23 PM, David A. Cobb<superbiskit@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> Because of an occasion when my screen resolution changed and screwed up
>> the geometry of the panels, I've had the notification and networking
>> icons move from where they "belong"  They don't respond to the usual
>> moving actions (middle-mouse).
>>
>> Would someone please advise me where the geometry data for the panels is
>> stored?
>>

> I would say in your gconf (apps/panel/applets),
I would say that too. But modifying it doesn't seem to help. Do I have
to wait until I next log in? In any case, it is not obvious which
entries relate to which panel icon. Especially because only the
notification area has a useful name (applet-1 isn't all that helpful).

The icons that are out of place do not seem to match any of the listed
items. One has "tooltip" "Wired Network Connection", the other simply
"offline."
>   but before that check
> if the applets are locked to their current position (right click on
> them)..
And therein lies the problem. These icons do not present a "normal"
context menu. The "offline" icon offers to "Show contact list," the
other to "Enable networking."