Desktop suddenly covered in icons for everything in my home folder

Hello,

Suddenly my desktop became covered in icons for everything in my home
folder.

My problem is how to set it back to what is in my Desktop folder.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have checked
everywhere I know and cannot find where to do it. IIRC I have to point
to the desktop folder somehow.

Thanks.
--
Kind regards,