gnome failed

Hi All,

I have tried to compile GNOME components by hand and some components
take effect over my default GNOME . My new GNOME is installed in
/usr/local dir and the default one is installed in /opt/gnome . My
problem now is I can not control the keyboard anymore , I can't input
any character in gnome terminal or other input widget . What's wrong
with this ? Can someone give me some tips ?

Thank you very much
yushang