Re: Need info now: Bouncingcow screensaver !?

Interesting, I didn't know there were two different screensaver
packages, and I am using the xscreensaver.

I am having a problem with Gnome (running Fedora 6) - when I boot up, I
get a message about "could not run Gnome settings daemon" (EVERY TIME,
100%), and a few things don't work, but the only one that really
bothered me was the screensaver.

On my old system (RH 7.0) I used xscreensaver, so I just added that to
the list of things to run at startup and now I have no problems. I
suppose I ought to try to fix that "settings daemon" thing ... but I'm
getting set to install Fedora 7 on my alternate partition, and with luck
that will fix it  :-) .

Jim Hartley