Focus stealing prevention

Hi all,

I've noticed recently (at least since Feisty, possibly before) that
Gnome's "focus stealing prevention" seems to have disappeared.  When I
log and begin typing my keyring password for the wireless network, the
Gaim buddy list steals my cursor.  Typing this email, I started Firefox,
returned to this message and the browser steals my cursor.  This small
but significant feature was one of Gnome's key differentiators with
Windows.

Am I crazy, or has something changed?

Todd