Re: gnome fail-safe message

Hello,

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 15:33 -0400, Roger A. Katz wrote:> I've been doing new installs of RedHat Enterprise Linux WS4U5 to a number> of systems.> When they finish my /etc/issue shows this.> Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 5)> > When I log in as root(or any user for that matter) to the gnome gui, I> get a little pop up box that says:> > "Cannot find or run the base session script, will try the gnome failsafe> session for you."
	$ up2date -uf gnome-session gdm
> > I hit the ok button and another pop up box displays.> > "This is the fail-safe gnome session. You will be logged in to the> 'Default' of gnome with no startup scripts".
any messages in $HOME/.xsession-errors ?