Re: workspace switcher - how to get simple cursor?

I think the problem here is the window manager. I found this a nuisance
when I upgraded to Fedora Core 6 from a VERY OLD system (RedHat 7.0 and
Gnome 1.x). I had been using the Sawfish WM, and before that the
Enlightenment WM. On both of these, you didn't really NEED a workspace
switcher, just moving the cursor off the edge of one workspace
automatically moved it to the next one, and if you were dragging a
window, well, it just went to the next workspace too. The current
Metacity WM lacks this capability.

I can tolerate (just barely) the need for the switcher, and since I
don't move windows from one workspace to another very often it doesn't
bother me that much. But it sure would be nice if someone could
resurrect Sawfish or an old version of Enlightenment (I believe
Enlightenment is still around but changed beyond recognition from what
it was back then) and provide an alternate WM for the current version of
Gnome. Any volunteers? Pretty please?

Jim Hartley