Re: GLMatrix Screensaver now flashes as it repaints the screen (new/dysfunctional behavior)

hiya,
On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 16:17 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:> On 4/18/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > I rebooted my machine this morning and now instead of running normally, my> > GLMatrix screen saver flashes as it repaints the screen, more and more> > noticeably as the screen fills up with glyphs.  I didn't change ANYTHING and> > this was not happening before the boot.> >> >  Anyone have any ideas why this might be?> >> > CentOS 4.4 Plus on AMD 64 x2 4200+, 2Gb RAM, ECS NForceM4-A mobo, nVidia> > geForce7100sg video, latest nvidia drivers....> >> Update: I watched this distracting behavior for a while, and it seems> that it is not actually repainting the screen because some of the> background, lowlighted chains do not appear to be changing, but the> foreground highlighted chains blink almost in sequence, as if they> were being individually redrawn vin the order of generation, or in> order from back to front, or something like that.> > I changed to a different screensaver - this was really annoying....
Is this a issue with all GL screensavers ?Try running glxgears on your system
	$ glxgears