Re: How to refresh gnome-panel, other than using killall ?

On 8/3/06, Puthali H.B <bputtali@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem I'm facing is, I change some fields in the .desktop file
> corresponding to a launcher, but it doesn't get reflected on the panel.
> I can not use killall, as running applets get killed and some fail to
> come up afterwards.

If you're talking about your menus it's likely a distro bug.
gnome-menus uses gnome-vfs which uses gamin (or inotify?) to
automatically update when something changes. If this isn't happening
something is likely built wrong (or built with --disable-fam).

> So I wanted to know if there is some gnome-api which I can call, to
> refresh the panel or only the launcher also?

There is nothing you can do other than restarting the panel if the
autoupdate isn't work.

> thanks,
> Puthali

Travis Watkins