Re: How to configure location of Desktop folder ?

Bob Marcum escribió:
I have established a directory, ".hidden", in my home directory.

".hidden" is a file, not a directory, you put in each line of that file the files/folders you want to be unseen...

Nautilus also hides all files/folders listed in a special '.hidden' file
. So you could hide the Desktop dir with:

echo "Desktop" >> ~/.hidden

Did you try this ?