Re: edit files over ftp

I am not an avid gnome user. I joined this list to learn a little about gnome, and to
"dabble" in it.
That said, I am a creature of habit. KDE, xterm and ssh and vi. I can and do edit remote files all day long over ssh on xterm (provided I have write permission on
those remote files. I don't know that xterm is gnome compatible, but I am
reasonabley sure it is (any term should work). On the other hand, if it is gui you
are looking for, I'm not so sure it can be done.