Font Installation Difficulties

I read the online manual to find out how to install True Type fonts. I
followed all the instructions to the "T" but success was mixed. Of over
20 requested fonts, only 3 installed and then only after trying to do so
several times, eventually copying the fonts to a local file and then
installing from there rather than the CD-ROM.

Can someone tell me PRECISELY how to install TTF fonts in a way
guaranteed to get the fonts actually installed.
--
CroombeFP <croombefp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>