How can I install a document template?

Hi, Everybody

In Gnome, when you are in a directory and right click you mouse, there
is a menu that will tell you to can create a "Empty Document". But when
that goes to me, there appears only a sigh wich tells me "No template
installed!"

Then, How can I install those doc templates, and so I can right click
and create some files such as "empty" .png .wav or .html?

PS:
 My OS is Debian Sarge, with gnome 2.8.2

Regards,
Wang Jun