Re: Kadalu

Let me try to answer you..

On Fri, 21 Aug, 2020, 1:28 am Volker Dormeyer, <vd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

The more I read on kadalu the more questions I have, please tell me, if
this is the wrong place to ask about kadalu.

We are using GitHub issues (https://github.com/kadalu/kadalu/issues) or slack channel (https://kadalu.slack.com) to discuss kadalu issues. This is Ok, but not every issue of kadalu may be discussed here.

When I use the external mode to access Gluster, I need to specify a
Gluster node, but what happend to my service if this node is not
reachable anymore. Or what does happen in general as soon as this node
fails?

the node is used for 'mounting' (ie, to fetch the volume info), so, if you are having a HA setup with replica 3, even if the node goes down, gluster file system continues to work, ie, all PVs will be working fine.

We can enhance the 'options:' in storage spec to take 'backup-volfile-server', so even the mount issue can be resolved. Should be an RFE to project.

Can I run the Gluster services together with kadalu on a Kubernetes
cluster and provide storage to a second Kubernetes cluster without local
storage?

Is the second storage cluster having access to nodes in this cluster? (ie, reachability?) if yes, it works as an 'External' gluster setup for that second cluster. Should work technically, haven't tried that setup.

Thank you,
Volker

________

Community Meeting Calendar: