Re: MTU 9000 question

06.05.2020 18:09, Erik Jacobson пишет:
"It is inconvenient for us to use MTU 9K for our gluster servers for
various reasons. We typically have bonded 10G interfaces.

We use distribute/replicate and gluster NFS for compute nodes.

My understanding is the negative to using 1500 MTU is just less
efficient use of the network. Are there other concerns? We don't
currently have network saturation problems.

We are trying to make a decision on if we need to do a bunch of extra
work to switch to 9K MTU and if it is worth the benefit.

Does the community have any suggestions?

We run 3 nodes setup on 9000 mtu, and, really, I don't think we have any benefit on our workload.

On the other side allow jumbo frames and change mtu on even hundreds on nodes is extremely simple,

you can just test it. I don't see "bunch of extra work" here, just use ssh and some scripting or something like ansible...

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968