Re: 回复: Re: not support so called “structured data”

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:36 AM sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx <sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx> wrote:
thank you for your answer.

I don't like the document of the project.In fact,many open source projects do not having a good document system.
For exmaple,the version of doc does not match with the feature and some topic in the doc is outdated.

Contribution to update the documentation is, of course, welcome.
Y.

At this point,commercial software does more better.

发件人: Strahil Nikolov
发送时间: 2020-04-02 12:27
主题: Re: [Gluster-users] not support so called “structured data”
On April 2, 2020 5:24:39 AM GMT+03:00, "sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx" <sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Document point out:
>Gluster does not support so called “structured data”, meaning live, SQL
>databases. Of course, using Gluster to backup and restore the database
>would be fine.
>
>What? Not,support!
>I had a test to run Oracle database on KVM/Ovirt/Gluster,it works
>well,in fact.
>
>But why docs says not support ? It measn not suggest or not to use ?

I don't know why this is written ,  but when I checked this doc:

it seems pretty legid workload (no matter postgres, mysql, mariadb, oracle,hana,etc)   .

The only thing that comes to my mind is that usually DBs are quite valuable and thus a 'replica 3' volume or a 'replica 3 arbiter 1' volume should be used and a different set of options are needed  (compared  to other workloads).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov
________

Community Meeting Calendar: