Docker swarm on top of Replica 3?

Hi there,

New user here and I'm still reading documentation but had a question regarding suitability of Gluster for different applications. I've just read the note that states Gluster isn't suitable for things like a NoSQL DB and wanted to know more.

So on the DB front, what's the technical reason for this? High iops to small files? Have I missed the documentation for this?

What I'm trying to do is build a HA Docker Swarm on top of Gluster. I was assuming I could just mount the Gluster volume to /mnt/persistent_data, or whatever, and use Docker Volumes to map into the containers? Are there reasons for not doing this?

One of the services I need to run is Git LFS which uses a DB to store large/binary files and uses file locking. Is this an issue?

Thanks, Shareef.
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-users mailing list
Gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx