Re: [Errno 107] Transport endpoint is not connected

Hi Strahil,

in fact i'm running more bricks per host, around 12 bricks per host. Nonetheless the feature doesn't seem to work really for me, since it's starting a separate glusterfsd processes for each brick anyway, actually after a reboot or restart of glusterd, multiple glusterfsd for the same brick. It's probably because of this line; "allowing compatible bricks to use the same process and port", but not sure about that, as that would mean my bricks aren't compatible for the multiplex feature. Also I'm not sure if 12 is considered "many", but i can always test again with multiplexing off, if that's considered to be better in this case. Only really stopping and starting the volumes is not really an option, so ideally restarting them one-by-one would also be sufficient.

Since i ever so often encounter qcow corruptions, i moved from having multiple smaller ones in a raid0. as if i have to deal with the corruption, it's easier to have it as simple as possible, and also having to consider a raid0 layer to rebuild, only complicates the recovery. Also the live migration doesn't really work for these VM's anyway since they have so much RAM, and we don't have enough bandwidth (only 10Gbit) to transfer that fast enough. It's actually faster to shut the VM down, and start it on another node.

Ok running only another VM on the HostedEngine never caused me any trouble, except with the recent restore, all vm's on this domain need to be down, since it wanted to detach the domain. Can't remember that was always the case, with prior restores (this was pre ansible deploy's).
Searching through https://lists.ovirt.org/ for the discussion you're referring at seems no easy feat..so many threads about the HostedEngine..if you would know a more detailed pointer, that would be great.

Thanks Olaf
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-users mailing list
Gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx