Re: Replacing brick in replicated volume without reducing redundancy?

Thanks, that sounds interesting. From what I understand, arbiter setups only support multiple-of-2 data bricks, but maybe it's possible to replace the arbiter with a data brick, then replace the old data brick with an arbiter again.

Stefan

From: "Strahil Nikolov" <hunter86_bg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "gluster-users" <gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stefan" <gluster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 7 January, 2020 10:18:11
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Replacing brick in replicated volume without        reducing redundancy?
I'm not sure if you can increase (and later decrease) the replica count without stopping the volume.
Have you checked that as an option ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В вторник, 7 януари 2020 г., 3:58:11 ч. Гринуич-5, Stefan <gluster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> написа:

Hi,

I am looking to replace a brick in a replicated volume with arbiter (2+1 bricks).
it seems that the procedure is: simulate a brick failure, then add a replacement brick.

Is that the only way to do it? Isn't there a way to migrate the data on the fly without running on reduced redundancy during the migration, like pvmove exists for LVM?

Thanks,

Stefan
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-users mailing list
Gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

________