Use GlusterFS as storage for images of virtual machines - available issues

Hi,

I test glusterFS in an setup for storing images for virtual machines.
My setup:

Three nodes, all debian buster/proxmox virtualisation.
On each node I bind a own hdd for a brick.

Then I create a replicated volume over the three nodes and mount it in the VMCluster.

Here I could setup VMs and manage them like restart, migration and so on.

But when I shutdown or restart one of the nodes, I got hanger. This is, what I didn't understand, I think, the glusterFS is redudant and high available?
What I do:
1. all is running
2. I stop one node
3. When I do something with a VM I got Problems, seem like they lost the storage.
4. After some time I could work with the VMs again.

Could it a thing with quorums?

My goal is to set an high available KVM cluster, where one node could die and the VMs shouldn't hurd by it.

Bye

Gregor

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-users mailing list
Gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx